Friday, April 30, 2010

The Possibilities are Endless

I am late with this post, I apologize. Last night Jordan and I were playing games with friends and trying to find a place where we could get pizza after 10:30 pm. Domino’s won.

I am afraid that I have not thought of anything particularly amazing to write about for this week. I am currently at work, and writing this is taking the form of a break from my labors. I was inputting editing changes for a document that should be published in the next issue of the BYU Studies journal. I bet that sounds real amazing, doesn’t it? I personally like it, but then I have an unusually high tolerance for boredom. After I make this rather less-than-scintillating post I will probably take the completed edits upstairs to Roger, one of the editors, and let him look over it. While I’m up there I’ll ask Annette if I can get some supplies for my office—Kleenex (still necessary because apparently around here it is supposed to snow the last week of April), some pencils, some highlighters that don’t bleed through four sheets of paper. Then I may pay a visit to the vending machines for a snack, since dinner is still a few hours away and I haven’t eaten since my applesauce and bread-with-lemon-curd breakfast this morning. A day in the life of an assistant production editor: you should be jealous.

But you know what the best part of this day will be?

Going home after work and getting to do WHATEVER I WANT because I don’t have homework. That means I can start a sewing project, or read some more of my book, or watch a movie, or clean the kitchen, or all of the above and not be plagued with the encroaching feeling that I am procrastinating that ever-looming homework. My next big project is making home-made hot pockets that I can freeze and have around as instant snacks and lunches, a cheaper and hopefully healthier alternative to the Hot Pockets in the freezer aisle. After those are done--who knows what I will do next?

I sure love not being in school.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling of not having any homework! It is such a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete