This winter I took up the habit of spider solitaire. When Jordan and I are tired of doing homework but don’t have any movies or Mythbuster episodes we want to watch and we’re not really in the mood, we usually end up playing solitaire. On our separate laptops. Very exciting, huh? But we do bump elbows… In anycase, my skill level has been improving, but I am still way behind the curve. Jordan can beat a two-suit spider game in five minutes and it still takes me about twenty. Or thirty. He has gotten so bored with the plain games that he has begun applying random stipulations to his play to keep it interesting. Right now he only starts a solitaire hand if there are at least two aces on the board, because this should allow him to beat his high score of 9986 (which can only be achieved if you finish the game in under 80 seconds). Meanwhile I sit on my side of the teal loveseat, slowly pondering whether moving that seven of clubs to the eight of hearts is worth the sacrifice of stacking unlike suits.
I can only hope that our children take after Jordan. Because as we all know, the only true test of intelligence in this life is how fast you can beat a game of solitaire.
P.S. Whoever can identify the movie I am referencing in this post's title gets extra points.
No comments:
Post a Comment