Friday, August 12, 2011

Pioneer Cup


A few weekends ago, Jordan's nephew Gavin played in the Pioneer Cup up in Layton. The whole family came down, and Jordan and I drove up to watch his final two games on Saturday. I don't know very much about what playing levels kids should be at, but I was pretty impressed by the skill exhibited by Gavin, his team, and the teams he played.


Gavin doing something cool
something else cool
 
I sometimes think that the US men's team could learn a thing or two from watching how kids like this play with such incredible intensity and focus. To win the cup, Gavin's team had to beat a team who had done quite a number on them a few days before, but that didn't seem to faze them one bit, and they played a great final game and took the tournament.
my favorite drama shot of the day
victory!

It was great to spend the weekend with Holli and Russ and the kids, and I hope they play in more tournaments that bring them down to our neck of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment