We are about to purchase a new vacuum.
If that does not inspire excitement in your bones, clearly it has been too long since you were a poor college student forced to use a terrible vacuum for the past year. Don’t get me wrong, we are very grateful to our friend Bethany for giving us the vacuum for free, because otherwise we would have a very dirty house right now. But the poor thing is old and only works if we use the hose. That means it takes us about fifteen minutes to vacuum the twenty square feet of carpet in our house. Plus it is a rather gargantuan piece of household appliance for so little carpet to clean. It is time to upgrade.
Tonight we are making a trip to Wal-Mart, because that’s where I have found the cheapest, best-quality vacuums. Or at least I hope they are good quality… In any case, we’ll be looking at the miniature varieties. Here are a few of the ones that I like. Now the question is—bagless or bagged? These two are my top choices, and at the moment I am leaning toward the Hoover because it has a permanent filter (I won’t have to buy bags or replace filters) and the handle collapses, making it really small for storage.
Hoover Nano Bissell Powerforce
I never would have guessed that buying something as simple as a vacuum could consume so much thought (because trust me, I have been thinking about vacuums for the past six months), or be so much fun.
P.S. I will give you an update on our refinished desk, just to show off how awesome we are, but there are a few things that still need fixing.
P.S. I will give you an update on our refinished desk, just to show off how awesome we are, but there are a few things that still need fixing.


Yes, that is most certainly worth getting excited about! Adam and I got a towel ring to go in the bathroom, and we thought that that was pretty awesome, but that is nothing compared to your very own vacuum cleaner, that will keep your carpet spick and span-- now that is way exciting! I vote for the one with the one with the handle that collapses.
ReplyDelete