After our crazy adventures in New York, Jordan and I headed up to New Hampshire to spend a week with my sister Lissa and her family. It was great to just relax and play with the kids, but we also did some exploring in the area. One of the days we took a hike up to the fire tower. I honestly don't know exactly where it is located because I always got kind of lost driving through those woods, but it was a beautiful little hike.
 |
| Jordan, Andrew, and Ella climbing the tower |
I wasn't exactly sure what to expect at the top of the hill, when Lissa and Jon said "fire tower" I imagined a little brick building or something, which didn't correlate with "fire" at all in my mind. But this big tower made a lot more sense--a place to watch out for forest fires, duh! It was quite the climb, and the stairs kept getting more and more narrow the further you climbed up. I thought the view from the top was well worth it, though.
 |
| It was windy! I love baby Oliver's little tuft of hair blowing in the wind. |
 |
| Jordan only stayed up there long enough to get this picture, he got off that thing as quick as he could when he realized how high we were. |
I could have stayed up on that tower for a long time, but another group was coming up and I knew the others were waiting for me at the bottom. I'm afraid of a lot of dumb things, but for some reason heights have never been a problem for me, and I'm sure glad they aren't because if they were I couldn't enjoy views like this!
No comments:
Post a Comment