The other day I was doing a bit of cleaning and decided it was time to throw a few things away, including wedding gift cards. I know, I kept all of them for a year... it was just in case some confusion came up while I was still writing thank-you notes (thank heavens those are finally done), although truthfully I'm not sure how they would have helped. Anyway, I was going through them, reading all the nice little messages again and keeping the ones that had good materials I could pilfer for future projects. I came across one card that really needed a double-take. It went something like this.
[front, with a picture of flowers and an open bible]
May God Be With You
[printed inside]
May you be comforted after the loss of one so dear.
[handwritten at the bottom]
Congratulations. Signature-of-old-lady-in-Jordan's-ward-who-shall-remain-nameless
I think it was the word "loss" that initially tripped me up. Somehow that didn't seem to match the sentiments I thought a wedding card should have. I came up with numerous scenarios as to why we ended up getting this card. My favorite is that she thought I really was not a catch, and so was trying to send some subliminal message about our fate with her old-woman fortune-telling powers...
That is AWESOME!!!!
ReplyDeletei LOVE this. i sure hope that stayed in the keep pile.
ReplyDeleteDiana! I am so glad people like you blog. I love reading your posts. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete